January 13, 2013

Spicy Shrimp

Today I'm bringing back a favorite old recipe by special request from my dear friend Nancy who is living it up in the Florida Keys this weekend...


I originally found this years ago over at The Pioneer Woman's place. It's more of a simple process than a recipe, and one I've made too many times to even try to count. It's been a while now, definitely going on my menu for this week!

Spicy Shrimp


Ingredients:
2 pounds of shrimp in shells
About 1/2 cup olive oil
2 - 3 lemons
Tabasco sauce
Worcestershire sauce
Kosher salt (or sea-salt)
Fresh ground pepper
1-2 sticks of butter


How I do it:

Spread shrimp in single layer on a large deep cookie sheet or bottom of broiler pan. Drizzle olive oil over shrimp, squeeze fresh lemons over shrimp, add generous splashes of Tabasco sauce and Worcestershire sauce all over the top along with a sprinkle of kosher salt and lots of fresh ground pepper. Generously dot top with pats of butter. Broil until done, about 15 minutes.


Serve these delicious peel and eat shrimp with big thick chunks of French bread or Chicago hard rolls for sopping up that yummy, spicy, buttery sauce - absolutely delicious!

If you have any leftovers - peel the shrimp, strain the sauce (because it will have bits of shrimp shells) and then serve over pasta the next day along with some fresh bread and a salad for another really wonderful meal.

Linking up to: Clever Chicks #17

21 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Martha, so delicious looking!! I can't imagine anyone having leftovers of them; they would be so easy to just keep eating them! Are you do the A-Z challenge this year?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually have leftovers unless I make a double batch - and then only maybe! Definitely doing the A-Z challenge again. Hope you are too!

      Delete
  2. *cry* I miss shrimp sooooooo much. It's just not worth the allergic rash though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stinks JoJo, sorry :(

      Delete
  3. I had a similar recipe that I made years ago. The best part was the bread and those yummy juices. Thanks for reminding me Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to post your recipe too so I can see what you do that's different. You always have such great recipes!

      Delete
  4. Adding shrimp to my grocery list to make this next week. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Skip will love it :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by OE. Try it, you'll like it :)

      Delete
  6. Oh yum! Wish I was there to help you eat these spicy shrimp! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please, you are the queen of spicy anything! I would pay big money for you to be my private chef. If I ever win the lottery the offer is on it's way! :)

      Delete
  7. That looks amazing! My mouth is watering! My husband would absolutely LOVE this with his football! ; ) Thanks for sharing!

    I keep leaving replies to your comments on my blog knowing that you might not be coming back to read them. Maybe I need to e-mail? Haven't quite figured out the best way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back to read your comments and commented on your comments lol, but don't always have time to do it. Email me if there is ever anything you want to make sure I get. Oh and definitely try the shrimp! :)

      Delete
  8. Me and sea food don't mix.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just ate shrimp today and yesterday but this makes me want even more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Martha, I just added a link back to your Tailgating Time post. I forgot to do it when I posted my recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like it's super big on flavor! Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mouth is watering! Thanks for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I will be featuring your recipe on this week's hop, which begins tonight! Please feel free to grab my Featured Button for your sidebar!

    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete