July 30, 2012

Man Food

I haven't posted a simple recipe in a long time - it's about time don't you think?

While I've been working the ten hour days this summer it's been difficult managing dinners after barely making it through the door before falling flat on my face and falling asleep. Although I'm not much into crock pot meals (most of the recipes I've tried through the years are just icky!), this one is a super simple and one that the guys just love - it's rugged man food and totally delicious!

Garlic Pepper Slow Cooker Chuck Roast


Because I have three guys in the house I buy two medium chuck roasts and stuff both into my slow cooker - no, I don't brown them or do any of that fancy stuff - believe me, sealing in the juices aren't necessary. With chuck roast you will need to be more concerned with your slow cooker overflowing because of all the juice it's marinating in while cooking.

Here's how I make it:

Stuff the roast(s) into the slow cooker, add a can of Dr. Pepper, a nice big rounded tablespoon of minced garlic - fresh is best but the ready minced kind in the jar will do, and a generous dousing of cracked black pepper. Cook for about eight hours on low. Remove beef from slow cooker, shred with two forks, removing any fat along the way. Serve as is with veggies, on rolls, or make gravy and serve over egg noodles. Eat and enjoy!  :)

20 comments:

  1. We like crock pot food, gotta try this. Good to hear from you but you do need your rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at Dr. Pepper. Sounds easy & yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so deliciously easy! I'll be trying that out this weekend! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is my kinda cooking. I'm socking this recipe away for football season!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband is so picky, but this looks right up his alley. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sweetie is the Sultan of Slowcookers. I'll have to show him this recipe when he gets back. I was never a crockpot person either till he and I got together. But as a bachelor who worked long hours as a Coke driver, he'd load his crockpot up the night before, take it out of the fridge & plug it in when he got up and dinner would be ready by the time he got home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds amazing and easy! I was just thinking I needed to add a new recipe to my slowcooker repertoire and this will be perfect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't go wrong with man food!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm...this sounds so yummy. I know my man will love this. It will be a great Sunday dinner. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THIS.HAS.A.PERFECT.TITLE.~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. we'll have to try this--looks yummy and easy! thanks for sharing, martha:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks amazing! I'm a meat eater. I love slow cooked meat so much! And I worship garlic so you've just made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is something my guys would like. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I would love to try this. We teach a class on Friday afternoons and I try to leave something cooking in the crock pot so we have any easy meal. I can't wait to make this! Enjoy your weekend! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh I'm pinning this! What size of roast do you suggest???

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's easy enough! I have boys in my house too. If meat is cooking they are happy. I like this recipe. I can relate to the feeling about coming home and wanting to fall flat on your face....that's why the slow-cooker is so good.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is so yummy sounding - I have cooked Dr. Pepper ribs before that were out of sight so I know the flavor if fine... think I will put this on the menu next week, it is indeed easy enough

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by ~ This recipe looks fantastic. I think my hubby would love it ;-) It's going to be in my recipe book ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I might just have to try this one (without the garlic; hubby is allergic). Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete