May 21, 2011

Lemony Dill Shrimp over Pasta

Very busy and very stressful times going on over here. I won't go into details but forgive me if I am delayed in my visits to your blogs. Busy and stressful or not we all still have to eat - sometimes there is nothing left that we can do other than a good dinner (and maybe a couple cold ones) to make things better, at least for the moment.

Lemony Dill Shrimp over Pasta


Simplicity is the key during hectic times. This light but satisfying meal doesn't take much longer than it takes to hit a fast food place - and it's so much better!

I just put a pound of pasta on to boil, meanwhile I combined the juice from 2 fresh lemons, a stick of butter, a clove of mined garlic, a little fresh dill, and a splash of hot sauce in a frying pan on medium until bubbling. I added the cleaned shelled shrimp, sauteed for about 2 minutes or so on each side and served it over the cooked pasta.

It's a quick, easy, and delicious meal - real food fast is better than fast food any day!

Linking up to:

20 comments:

  1. Here is to more relaxing times and another great meal.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! Is allways better to eat real food fast than any fast food!
    This pasta looks delicious! I'm bookingmarking it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks delish! Please check out my latest blog post! I have an award for you to pick up :D I really love your blog!
    http://successful2gether.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-first-blog-award.html
    --Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemony Dill Shrimp sound like heaven!
    Hope the busy and stressful times soon come to and end.
    :-) Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delish and so simple to make!

    I hope the stressful and busy times calm down soon and that you're able to take a well-deserved break!

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful and delicious! I won't mind coming home to a simple and satisfying meal like this! Thanks for sharing, have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that about real food fast :) The shrimp looks so good with the pasta, great flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. flavourful pasta looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope things get easier soon. This looks so flavorful. Thanks for linking this up to Fat Camp Friday, hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Couldn't agree with you more! Home made real fast food is much much better than fast food!

    Hope you will/can take some time to relax soon! Busy+stressful doesn't sounds like a good combination. Wish you all the best.

    Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe and have a wonderful weekend.

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. just bought some new pasta bowl and this recipe would look wonderful in them.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow This looks mouthwatering indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks too delicious I am bookmarking it and yes you give a very good simple yet satisfying meal idea during hectic times!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would love to be there and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy weekend! Don't forget to come over and share a recipe at Savory Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wonderful dish, it looks delicious. Your recipe has some of my favorite flavors, lemon and dill with that shrimp, oh yes! Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so agree, Martha, and this looks DELICIOUS! I hope things are going badly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vickie - I hope you meant to say you hope things "aren't" going badly, LOL!

    ReplyDelete